Relate - the difference we make
See inside Relate - what we do and how it makes a difference - in the words of Relate staff and clients.
You can find out more about how Relate has helped clients who have come to us for couple counselling in the report Relate: The Difference We Make, which is the source for the statistics you'll see around this website. Some key findings from the report follow below the video.
- 80% of respondents for whom the question was relevant said Relate had had a positive effect in helping them maintain or strengthen their couple relationship
- 73% of respondents for whom the question was relevant said Relate had a positive effect in helping them to save their couple relationship
- 74% of respondents, for whom the question was relevant, felt that we had helped them come to terms with a relationship which had ended
- Respondents reported a 20% decrease in days taken off school by their children
- 72% of respondents, for whom the question was relevant felt they were better able to deal with the arrival of children or their on-going care
- 58% of respondents felt we had had a positive effect on their ability to concentrate as work
- 45% of respondents felt we had had a positive effect on their ability to manage conflict at work
- 70% of respondents felt we had a positive effect on their self-confidence
- 98% of respondents said they would recommend Relate services to friends and family
Relate sees some 150,000 people annually, including 22,000 children and young people and 9,000 families. Face to face services are provided by two-thousand practitioners working in seventy-eight local Centres across England and Wales. Relate also works with clients in a range of other locations including GP surgeries, Children’s Centres and schools. In addition, counselling is provided over the telephone and via email.
Click here to download the report, which presents data gathered over four years from Relate’s Measuring Outcomes programme. Based on questionnaires completed by our adult clients, both before and after using our services, it contains a wealth of information about our clients, their problems, and the efficacy of Relate services.