Relate Mid & East Surrey have the following hours available for a qualified Young Person's Counsellor in an education setting in the Reigate area and also in our Reigate Centre:
- 2 x 6.5 hours each day in an education setting
- 4-8 out of school hours at our Reigate office
- Working with young people 11+ years
There may be the opportunity for more hours to to also offer other services, such as individual adult counselling, depending on qualifications.
We work within a number of local schools and colleges in Mid and East Surrey and you will be working within a group of supportive, experienced Young Person's Counsellors who will help your career flourish and grow.
How to apply
To apply for this role:
- candidates MUST have a minimum Level 5 counselling qualification
- candidates MUST have a specific qualification in counselling young people and preferably at least a year's experience
- candidates MUST have provided at least 150 counselling hours working with young people aged 11-18
- live within reasonable travelling distance as educational settings start at 8.45/9am
- answer the screening questions below, explaining clearly your relevant qualification and experience, number of counselling hours, and give an idea of the hours you're interested in.
Relate Mid East and Surrey will provide:
- full administrative support
- free CPD events
- paid individual and free group supervision
- access to our national online training hub
- national helpline for advice and support
- a friendly and supportive team within a nationally recognised organisation and opportunities for further learning and career development.
Payment per hour is dependent on daytime/unsocial hours -- £22.47 for daytime and £28.12 for weekends and evenings.
Job type: Part-time, permanent
Hours: 13-21 per week
Schedule: Day shift, Night shift
Location: In person
Expected Start Date: 04/09/2023
- Please state the counselling qualification you hold for Young People's work and any experience in counselling or working with this age group
- Tell us briefly why you wish to apply for this role and give a rough idea of the hours you wish to apply for
- Do you have at least 150 counselling hours, working with young people?
To apply – please send your CV to email@example.com