Here you’ll find Relate Dorset and South Wiltshire's current job opportunities and student placements.
If you are under training we have regular opportunities and can help you develop your portfolio.
Benefits of working for Relate:
- Working for a nationally recognised, specialist service with an excellent reputation
- A dedicated appointments team who manage your work load
- Free high quality one to one clinical supervision each month
- Tailored CPD courses run specifically for our counsellors and generous allowance to attend
- Free access to a national practice helpline for emergency consultation on practice issues
- Full professional indemnity cover
- Strategic partnership with BACP.
What are the requirements of working for Relate?
Experienced counsellors can begin to work for Relate without additional training if their qualifications meet the Relate Assessment of Prior Experience & Learning (APEL) requirements.
To be considered for the APEL scheme you must have more than 5 years counselling experience and either experience of working with couples or a qualification which equips you to do so. If you have no couple counselling experience you may still be able to apply but you will need to undertake some additional training.
APEL application proforma is available at this link but we encourage anyone wishing to work with Relate Dorset & South Wiltshire to discuss the requirements and seek endorsement from the Centre Manager before submitting.