Your employees' emotional well being and relationship skills play a crucial role in how well they're able to do their jobs.
If they're distracted by issues at home or in the workplace or find it hard to resolve workplace conflict effectively it's unlikely they'll be able to contribute to your business to their full potential.
This has big consequences for your bottom line. It's estimated that stress related problems cost UK employers 26 billion pounds per annum - over 1,000 pounds for each employee per year. If you think emotional or psychological issues could be affecting your workers' performance, we can help.
Issues we can help with
We can support your employees and their families through a wide range of problems, including:
- Work related stress
- Separation / divorce or relationship difficulties
- General anxiety issues
- Work / home life balance challenges
- Concern over working relationships
- Bereavement / loss
- Self-esteem issues
- Communication difficulties
The benefits of addressing these issues are also wide ranging - both for your business and your employees. They include:
- Higher productivity
- Better communication and relationship skills
- customer service
- Reducing recruitment and training costs
- Reducing sickness levels and absenteeism
- Helping compliance with legislation (e.g. Equality Act and HSE)
- Helping you retain staff who may have experienced discrimination in the past
- Making your business a healthier, happer place to work
Employee Assist is a confidential service that supports employees whose physical, emotional or psychological issues are affecting their ability to function properly at work.
We provide a unique and innovative set of tools and techniques to enable your employees to understand and improve their relationships, manage conflict and implement change.
This service is available either face to face or over the phone.
Developing the ability to manage workplace relationships and communicate effectively is an important part of any employee's professional development. Our professional trainers can help your employees to learn how to work together more effectively.
We work with a range of clients from the corporate, public and voluntary sectors. Our trainers are chosen for their ability to lead groups and encourage group members to learn in a variety of ways. They possess skills, knowledge and sensitivity, and can use these in flexible and encouraging ways to produce the kind of learning atmosphere that enables group members to feel comfortable but also challenged.
We run a wide range of courses and workshops addressing a variety of different business needs. Get in touch to find out how we can help your organisation.
Corporate Social Responsibility
A good business is one where social responsibility and commercial success go hand in hand. Supporting Relate is a great way for employers meet their Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) objectives.
You can work with us in a variety of ways:
- Sponsorship to provide a training placement for a family counsellor
- Helping to fund the refurbishment of a family counselling room
- Supporting an employee to become a volunteer Trustee of Relate Portsmouth & District
- Providing specialist skills to help with a project, such as expertise in marketing
- Providing funding for bursaries
Get in touch
If you would like to know more about how we can help your business or organisation please contact us.