Our fees explained...
How much do Relate sessions cost?
As a charity, it is our mission to support as many people as possible to strengthen their relationships, regardless of their income. Historically, we were grateful to receive funding from the government which enabled us to do just this. As that funding has drawn to a close, we’ve had to find new and creative ways to support our clients.
One way we strive to make our services accessible is by pricing them on a sliding scale. This means that the price someone pays for counselling is determined by their income, meaning those with less money to spare are asked to pay less.
Our fees in Cymru
If you access Relate services through Cymru, the fee structure is determined by your household income as follows:
- Under £30,000* - £60 per session
- Between £30,001 and 40,000 - £75 per session
- Between £40,001 and £70,000 - £90 per session
- Between £70,001 and £90,000 - £105 per session
- Between £90,001 and £110,000 - £120 per session
- Above £110k - £140 per session
* reduced price available for daytime appointments for those with caring responsibilities for someone in the household. A reduced rate of £60 is available for daytime sessions for those earning under £30k.
The exception to this is children and young people's counselling which is £75 per session.
We pride ourselves on offering the same calibre of service to all of our clients, regardless of what they pay for a session. If you’re eligible for counselling at a reduced rate you can rest assured the support you receive will still meet the highest clinical standards.
We’re always looking for new ways to keep the costs of our sessions down to support as many people as we can. If you want to know if you’re eligible for services at a reduced rate, ask our team. It may be that they have access to local grants or bursaries that can further reduce costs.