If you're facing problems in your relationship or you'd like to understand your partner better, counselling can help you talk through what's going on and enable you to make positive changes in your relationship.
Whether you're single, married, living together or apart, straight or LGBTQ we can help you deal with the issues you're having no matter how big or small they seem.
What is Relationship Counselling?
Counselling offers a caring, confidential and supportive environment in which you can examine problems and think about ways to address them. You can attend counselling with your partner or on your own.
Watch Relate Counsellor Graham explain what Relationship Counselling is.
What happens in a counselling session?
In your first session your counsellor will ask you questions about you and your current or previous relationships and what you hope to get out of counselling. Together you'll talk through any problems you're experiencing, when they started and what changes you would like to see happen.
You might meet with your counsellor only once, or you might meet once a week for an extended period of time. What kind of counselling you receive - and how long counselling continues - all depends on you and what kind of issues you want to address.
What sort of issues can counselling help with?
People come to see us for lots of different reasons. These are some of the common ones:
- You're arguing a lot with your partner
- You're finding it difficult to talk to your partner
- You're thinking of ending your relationship or your partner has told you they want to end the relationship
- You or your partner have had an affair
- You're finding it difficult to get over a break up, separation or divorce
- You don't feel like you can trust your partner or your partner is struggling to trust you
- You or your partner are experiencing feelings of jealousy
- You feel like your relationships follow a similar pattern and you'd like to understand why
- You're single and you'd like to look at what you want from a relationship or partner
Whatever the issue, your counsellor is completely impartial, they won't judge you and everything you say will be confidential.
How do I access counselling?
Counselling can take place:
If you're not sure what service is right for you get in touch and we'll help you work it out.
How much does counselling cost?
We charge a fee for counselling to cover the costs of the sessions. We currently charge £70 for an initial consultation, with on-going counselling at £65 per session. Please contact us to discuss our charges for block booking sessions.
We have various other costs for our telephone and webcam counselling. Please contact us to discuss further.
Book an appointment
To find out more about Relationship Counselling and to find out what's available near you call Relate Cymru on 0300 003 2340.
If you have any questions about counselling try our FAQs.