Relate collects and stores your personal data for the following reasons:
To provide you with our services or decide whether to do so:
- Assessing any information you give us to decide if Relate is an appropriate service or if another service external to Relate would be more helpful.
- Providing you with a Relate service.
- Communicating with you and holding records about our dealings and interactions with you.
- Making decisions about you including your continued suitability for the service, the risk of providing you with the service, and assessing compliance with our policies and procedures in relation to providing the service to you.
- Managing the operation of our business that help support the service we provide.
- Updating your records to enable other Relate services to be made available to you where appropriate.
For our legitimate interests or those of others:
- To develop our services using the information we hold.
- To continually develop, improve and manage our risk assessment and service delivery models, systems and protocols.
- To provide personalised content and services to you such as further relevant resource information.
- To test and improve the performance of our services, processes and systems and to provide insight and analysis of our clients both for ourselves and our funders.
- To improve the operation of our business - by improving customer service and operational performance and efficiency.
- To develop new services, and to review and improve current services.
- For management and auditing of our business operations - to monitor and to keep records of our communications with you and our staff.
- To understand our clients, their use of our services through service user feedback.
Sharing and disclosures of your personal data
The categories of third parties we use are listed below. We will use these third parties for all the reasons we have described above and they may process the types of personal information we also hold or use.
- Relate service providers who are a part of providing services to you or help us to operate our business such as our legal advisers and insurers.
- Police and law enforcement agencies if we are required, or to support a criminal investigation.
- Information Commissioner’s Office.